An online Teaching Tip
Excerpt from The Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips by Judith V. Boettcher and Rita-Marie Conrad
- Be present at the course site.
- Create a supportive online course community.
- Develop a set of explicit expectations for your learners and yourself as to how you will communicate and how much time students should be working on the course each week.
- Use a variety of large group, small group, and individual work experiences.
- Use synchronous and asynchronous activities.
- Ask for informal feedback early in the term.
- Prepare discussion posts that invite responses, questions, discussions, and reflections.
- Search out and use content resources that are available in digital format if possible.
- Combine core concept learning with customized and personalized learning.
- Plan a good closing and wrap activity for the course.
Sign In or